Often we get promoted to management positions without a lot of training or support. This two day course is a dive into management foundations starting with learning to manage ourselves in order to manage, and bring out the best, in others.
These management courses are one-day skill intensives based on Anima Leadership’s trademark process and are part of the Authentic Leadership Series. Registration information is below. If you are unable to pay online, please contact us and alternate arrangements can be made.
Day one Managing Self
Leaders set the tone, and each of us has a unique leadership style- identifying our personal strengths as well struggles- is at the heart of what it means to lead. Good managers can pro-actively harness their strengths while managing their weaknesses and blindspots. We will explore topics starting with self-awareness and personal mastery, move into the art of engaging others and finishing with frameworks for time-management, goal-setting and delegating to others.
Day two Managing Teams
Managers need to develop comfort in working with challenging behaviours among team members. Often difficult people within organizations can result in co-workers shutting down, endless cycles of conflict, lost productivity as well as significant emotional drain for all involved. If harnessed properly, there is a power in conflict situations to transform and deepen relationships, increasing feelings of team trust and inclusion. Day two goes more deeply into personal conflict styles and triggers, the art of concise and clear feedback to employees, and strategies to dealing with difficult situations.
In this two-day training you will learn how to:
- Learn emotional intelligence skills, particularly self-awareness and self-management;
- Deepen understanding of your own unique leadership style—strengths as well as blindspots;
- Learn the importance of engaging people, and the art of framing issues in a way that motivates others;
- Learn frameworks for time-management, prioritizing work, and the art of delegating;
- Learn about personal triggers and strategies to de-escalate yourself and others in conflict situations;
- Explore the role of power in leadership and key power behaviours;
- Practice the art of constructive feedback as a key skill to healthy teams;
- Have meaningful conversations about the role of leadership and the power to create positive environments where others can thrive.
Anima Cancellation Policy:
- 30 days or more prior to course: we offer a refund, minus a $50 administration fee.
- Less than 30 days prior to course: we offer 50% credit towards next scheduled training, minus a $50 administration fee.
- Day of, or day prior to, course: no refund or credit available.If you are unexpectedly unable to make the course, contact us about potentially sending a colleague in your place.