The course is next scheduled for January 27th, 2021.
- Are you tired of continuously being underestimated in your leadership role?
- Do you desire the freedom to just “be yourself” in all environments?
- Are you ready to break open, and bust out to bring your deepest gifts to the world?
Your leadership is needed. Join us.
This course has been created and will be led by Annahid Dashtgard, Co-Founder of Anima Leadership, and author of the memoir “Breaking the Ocean: a Memoir of Race, Rebellion and Reconciliation”. This institute will build on themes in Annahid’s book.
Leadership is a challenging enough path for many people of colour. In this time of rising nationalism and xenophobia, the layers of internal and external barriers can be amplified. Self-confidence can be a challenge in the face of daily micro-aggressions, and these often occur on top of unresolved aspects of social trauma faced as a result of growing up as a member of a non-dominant group in society. This course is a supportive journey to break open and see the ways we block our own power and bust out to bring more of who we are and what we have to offer into the world.
We often have limited control over our external environment, but the good news is that we can grow our personal power to maximize the influence we have: valuing our emotions, trusting our intuition, developing our vision, and risking to act on behalf of what we know to be true. Whatever aspects of ourselves we grew up wanting to disown are often the very part of ourselves holding the key to our own unique leadership imprint.
This course is a space devoted to cultivating insights and practices by diving deep into our own underworld to find the keys to our superpowers. We will be exploring our personal leadership potential, the consequences of being too big and how to navigate these, and ultimately, how to live our lives in a deeper well of belonging than we previously thought possible. The world desperately needs our diverse voices and collective intelligence.
This institute is open to Black, Brown, Mixed-race and Indigenous folks. We recognize and honor the complexity of intersectional identities.
In this course we will:
- Develop a sense of personal mastery: a deeper sense of our leadership style and story;
- Practice the skill of deep listening to self and others: what is the story behind the story?;
- Understand what triggers us and how to regulate ourselves more effectively;
- Explore assertiveness: learning how and when to speak our truth for maximum impact;
- Expand a sense of confidence to reclaim and use our unique leadership voice (especially in white-dominant institutions);
- A re-boost through sharing time and space with a like-minded community.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email the course Instructor, Annahid Dashtgard at Annahid@AnimaLeadership.com
Break Open, Bust Out: Authentic Leadership for People of Colour
Date: January 27th, 2021 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Location: Vantage Venues, 150 King Street West, Toronto
Fee: $750 + HST.
Fee includes all meals, snacks (all food preferences accommodated), and course materials.
(20% of our slots are sliding scale. Please enquire) Please note that there are also invoice and payment by cheque options.
Contact: Info@AnimaLeadership.com or (416) 516-8728
Anima Cancellation Policy:
- 60 days or more prior to course: we offer a refund, minus a $100 administration fee.
- Less than 60 days prior to course: we offer 50% credit towards next scheduled training, minus a $100 administration fee.
- Day of, or day prior to, course: no refund or credit available. If you are unexpectedly unable to make the course, contact us about potentially sending a colleague in your place.