Are you interested in bridge-building and developing key skills needed to support conversations about race, identity and justice?
The AoPD Part 2 builds on the foundation built in AoPD Part 1 and develops advanced knowledge and skills on hosting public conversations about race, ethnicity and identity.
Modules 4-6 will deepen the inner skills of the facilitator and outer awareness of the process in order to “sit in the fire” of public dialogue. The topics in series will include:
- Working on personal triggers and burning your “wood”
- Navigating facilitator attacks and traps
- Creating the “container” for dialogue and dissent
- Understanding extreme states of consciousness
- Listening to your body signals and symptoms as facilitator tips
- Ancestry work as clues to the dialogue
- Leveraging conflict on facilitator team as a solutions to the open forum
In the final module, participants will collaborate and apply the learning through hosting another live open forum on race, ethnicity and identity, with real-time mentoring and support.
Taking all 6 modules from AoPD Part 1 and Part 2 are the pathway to receiving the PWI-Anima Conflict Facilitation Certificate. For more details.
This cohort program is ideal for:
- Facilitators, educators, or mediators who work in organizational or community settings;
- Organizational leaders, coaches, and human resource professionals who want to help their teams and organizations work more effectively and productively;
- People working in political organizations, unions, civil society, grassroots campaigns, etc.;
- Social entrepreneurs and systems change leaders to deepen their ability to work in social justice and social innovation;
- Psychology-based professions, including therapists and social workers.
Offered By: Senior faculty from both PWI and Anima Leadership:
Process Work Institute
and Living Wholeness Institute
The Art of Public Dialogue Part 2: Advanced Hosting Skills for Conversations About Race and Identity Level 2
Module 1: October 1st-3rd, 2020.
Module 2: March 2nd-4th, 2021.
Module 3: June 2nd-4th, 2021.
- AoPD Part 2 will begin in the fall of 2020.
- Check out the full PWI – Anima Conflict Facilitation Certificate.
Location: Centre for Social Innovation, 720 Bathurst Street, Downtown Toronto, ON
Early Bird Fee: $3200 (plus HST)
Fee: $3500 plus HST including snacks and materials. (20% of our slots are sliding scale. Please enquire. Please note that we can invoice you and you can pay by cheque if you prefer.)
Course Leader: See Faculty listed above.
Contact: Info@AnimaLeadership.com or (416) 516-8728
Given the exceptional circumstances of this particular training (an external presenter, two year long series of three modules, etc.) we’ve had to create a very specific policy that will allow this program to run. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds with less than 30 days notice.
In case of Anima Leadership cancelling the course, all payments will be returned to participants. No refunds will be possible after the program begins, except under exceptional circumstances as agreed upon by Anima.
In case of withdrawal prior to the program, fees will be refunded as follows:
- 121 days plus notice: 100%
- 91-121 days notice: 75% refund
- 31-90 days + notice: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days notice: no refund