Are you interested in bridge-building and developing advanced skills needed to support conversations about race, identity, and justice?
The AoPD Part 2 scaffolds on the foundation built in AoPD Part 1 and develops advanced knowledge and skills on hosting public conversations about race, ethnicity, and identity.
Modules 4-6 will deepen the inner skills of the facilitator and outer awareness of the process in order to “sit in the fire” of public dialogue. The topics in the series will include:
- Working on personal triggers and learning to “burn your wood”
- Navigating facilitator attacks and traps
- Creating the “container” for dialogue and dissent
- Understanding extreme states of consciousness
- Listening to your body signals and symptoms as facilitator tips
- Ancestry work as clues to the dialogue
- Leveraging conflict on facilitator team as solutions to the open forum
In the final module, participants will collaborate to host a live open forum on race, ethnicity, and identity, with real-time mentoring and support.
Taking all 6 modules from AoPD Part 1 and Part 2 are the pathway to receiving the PWI-Anima Conflict Facilitation Certificate. For more details.
This cohort program is ideal for:
- Facilitators, educators, or mediators who work in organizational or community settings;
- Organizational leaders, coaches, and human resource professionals who want to help their teams and organizations work more effectively and productively;
- People working in political organizations, unions, civil society, grassroots campaigns, etc.;
- Social entrepreneurs and systems change leaders to deepen their ability to work in social justice and social innovation;
- Psychology-based professions, including therapists and social workers.
Contact us if you have any questions or want suggestions for prep training courses/resources before starting The Art of Public Dialogue Part 2.
~Mary-Beth Raddon, Brock University
Offered By: Senior faculty from both PWI and Anima Leadership:
Process Work Institute
and Living Wholeness Institute
The Art of Public Dialogue: Advanced Hosting Skills for Conversations About Race and Identity, Part 2
Module 1: October 1st-3rd, 2020.
Module 2: March 2nd-4th, 2021.
Module 3: June 2nd-4th, 2021.
- AoPD Part 2 will begin in the fall of 2020.
- Check out the full PWI – Anima Conflict Facilitation Certificate.
Location: Centre for Social Innovation, 720 Bathurst Street, Downtown Toronto, ON
Early Bird Fee: $3200 (plus HST) until May 31, 2020
Fee: $3500 plus HST including lunch, snacks, and materials. (20% of our slots are sliding scale. Please enquire). Please note that there are also invoice and payment by cheque options.
Course Leader: See Faculty listed above.
Contact: Info@AnimaLeadership.com or (416) 516-8728
Given the exceptional circumstances of this particular training (external presenters, multiple modules, etc.) we’ve had to create a very specific policy that will allow this program to run.
In case of withdrawal prior to the program, fees will be refunded as follows:
- 121 days plus notice: 100%
- 91-121 days notice: 75% refund
- 31-90 days + notice: 50% refund
- Less than 30 days notice: no refund
In case of Anima Leadership canceling the course, all payments will be returned to participants.