This is by no means a comprehensive list – merely a tantalizing glimpse some highlights of what has guided and inspired us on our learning journey. Enjoy.
Emotional and Social Intelligence
- A General Theory of Love – Lewis, Amini and Lannon, 2001.
- Emotions Revealed: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life – Paul Ekman, 2003.
- Healing through the Dark Emotions: The Wisdom of Grief, Fear and Despair – Miriam Greenspan, 2003.
- The Mindful Brain: Reflection and Attunement in the Cultivation of Well-Being – Daniel Siegel, 2007.
- Molecules of Emotion: Why You Feel the Way You Feel – Candace Pert, 1997.
- Primal Leadership – Goleman, Boyatzis and McKee, 2002.
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships – Daniel Goleman, 2006.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- “Buried Prejudice”, Scientific American Mind, April/May 2008 – Siri Carpenter.
- Courageous Conversations About Race – Glenn Singleton and Curtis Linton, 2006.
- Dancing on Live Embers: Challenging Racism in Organizations – Tina Lopez and Barb Thomas, 2006.
- Harvard’s Project Implicit – www.projectimplicit.net
- Multiculturalism and Social Cohesion: Potentials and Challenges of Diversity – Jeffrey G. Reitz et. al., 2009.
- Talking about Difference: Encounters in Culture, Language and Identity – Carl James and Adrienne Shadd, 1994.
Communication, Conflict and Dialogue:
- Bridging Differences: Effective Intergroup Communication – William Gudykunst, 2004.
- Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time – Susan Scott, 2002.
- Non-Violent Communication: A Language of Compassion – Marshall B. Rosenberg, 2003.
- Sitting in the Fire: Large Group Transformation Using Conflict and Diversity – Arnold Mindell, 1995.
Organizational Development and the New Sciences
- Getting to Maybe: How the World is Changed – Westley, Zimmerman and Patton, 2008.
- Synchronicity: The Inner Path of Leadership – Joseph Jaworski, 1996.
- Leadership and the New Science: Discovering Order in a Chaotic World – Margaret J. Wheatley, 2001.
- Theory U: Leading from the Future as it Emerges – C. Otto Sharmer, 2007.
- Quantum Leadership: A Textbook of New Leadership – Tim Porter-O’Grady and Kathy Malloch, 2003.
- Quantum Shift in the Global Brain: How the New Scientific Reality Can Change Us and Our World – Ervin Laszlo, 2008
- Circle Works: Transforming Eurocentric Consciousness – Fire Jean Graveline, 1998.
- Coming Back to Life: Practices to Reconnect our Lives, Our World – Joanna Macy and Molly Young Brown, 1998.
- The Complexity of Connection: Writings from the Stone Center’s Jean Baker Miller Training Institute – Jordan, Walker & Hartling, 2004.
- Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations and Society – Peter Senge et. al., 2005.
- Transforming Ourselves, Transforming the World: An Open Conspiracy for Social Change – Brian Murphy, 1999.
Psychology, Spirituality and Personal Growth:
- The Art of Power – Thich Nhat Hanh, 2009.
- Man’s Search for Meaning – Victor Frankl, 1959.
- Memories, Dreams, Reflections – Carl Jung, 1989.
- The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment – Eckhart Tolle, 1999.
- Revolution from Within- A Book of Self-Esteem – Gloria Steinem, 1993.
- Shambhala: Path of the Sacred Warrior – Chogyam Trungpa, 1988.