Administrative and Events Coordinator (full-time)
Anima Leadership seeks a highly-skilled coordinator who thrives on teamwork and client relationships. Scheduling, prioritizing details, handling client requests and basic project management, come naturally to you. Anima Leadership is a small but growing team all of whom have busy to overflowing schedules. We require someone highly organized, flexible and relational to assist us with our growing social mission company.
Your role will be a foundational one for our team. Many times you will be the first contact for people requesting consulting, training and other services. You are able to multitask and keep on top of requests, responding quickly to potential and existing client queries. You have a natural diplomacy and the judgement to read the priority level of client requests. You will continually coordinate the team through regular consultation and weekly meetings. You will coordinate schedules among many different clients and team members. You will also manage our in-person and on-line courses, and coordinate our annual conferences. You can troubleshoot problems and proactively establish processes to address issues as they arise. You can propose steps and processes to team members needing assistance carrying out their tasks.
You care deeply about a better world and issues of diversity, race, belonging and equal opportunity for all. This is the oxygen our team thrives on.
If this sounds of interest, read on!
- You want to be an Administrative Assistant and to work with Anima Leadership. Specifically:
- You have experience working with and organizing teams;
- You have at least 3-5-years’ experience or some training in an administrative assistant/coordinating position;
- You are a lifelong learner who strives toward personal development and learning new technology;
- You are reliable and can be counted on to be on time;
- You are available on weekdays and the occasional weekend when needed
- You are comfortable with working daily (9am-5pm) from the Centre for Social Innovation – Annex or occasionally elsewhere in Toronto as needed.
- You have an extensive knowledge working with Microsoft Office and Google calendars.
- You can identify administrative gaps and propose solutions to address them.
- You can anticipate team needs.
- You are both a team player and a self-starter who wants to make a difference in the world. by supporting a team who are working to build inclusive, equitable work environments.
- You have experience with coordinating the logistics and details of a small or large-scale project or event.
- Your formal or informal education background already provides a macro view of the world that exposes the dynamics of systemic discrimination, social power and privilege.
- You are committed to developing your inner self and have some comfort discussing your strengths, limitations and triggers with team members in order to prevent, and resolve, inter-personal conflict.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to manage relationships with colleagues and clients.
- When problems arise you can troubleshoot and provide solutions.
- Monitoring, prioritizing and responding to client requests via phone and email
- Liaising with clients (i.e. Proactively determine specific needs, sharing information about programs, preparation for meetings/workshops with team)
- Daily administrative support for multiple team members
- Proactive calendar management for team members
- Ensuring team members are prepared for workshops and meetings
- Travel coordination and itinerary preparation for team members
- Supporting courses and events (i.e. photocopying materials, room booking, set-up registration, coffee, snacks, clean-up)
- Planning and preparing for internal and external meetings
- Coordinating meetings (i.e. booking space, meeting materials)
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations and reports including copyediting and arranging printing.
- Client tracking and follow-up
- Assisting with special projects both small and large
- Minor website editing in WordPress
- Course registration and assisting with payments through online payment system
- Managing client newsletter lists
- Social media management of Twitter and Facebook accounts
Other Helpful Skills:
- WordPress and Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Ability to assist with the writing of RFPs, grant proposals, etc.
Starting Salary: $46-50,000, depending on experience. Salaried position. Health benefits after one year. You will also be in a super positive, supportive and dynamic work environment committed to on-going personal and organizational growth, as well as world change.
- Closing dates for submission – Monday, Feb. 24st, 2020
- Notification of Selection – Week of March 2nd, 2020
- Interview 1 to be held at CSI Annex 720 Bathurst Street, Toronto: March 10th
- Interview 2 (for shortlisted candidates): March 17th
- Job offer – by March 20th
- Job Starting: April 6th or earlier depending on availability.
About Anima Leadership
Anima Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage equity-seeking candidates to apply, especially those who identify as Indigenous, racial minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQ2S or women. Of course, we recognize and honour the intersectionality of equity-based identities.
Please apply online through our website: AnimaLeadership.com. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. If you have any additional questions, please contact James@AnimaLeadership.com