Job Posting – Facilitator (June 2021)
Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Facilitator
We are looking to hire an experienced educator / trainer who has strong skills to lead equity trainings, with a specific focus on anti-racism in the workplace.
- You already have over 10 years of experience under your belt offering adult-based education workshops/ trainings on topics such as justice, equity, diversity, inclusion (JEDI), anti-oppression and conflict transformation. You are an excellent facilitator who has developed skills to “sit in the fire” of conflict to support the learning process.
- You have lived experience as well as a solid work history with marginalized communities and leading workshops on challenging racism in organizations.
- You have some experience with consulting, organizational change (e.g. strategic planning, organizational audit/ assessment, policy creation etc.). You are comfortable and adept at client communications and management.
- Your formal or informal education background already provides a macro view of the world that exposes the dynamics of systemic discrimination, social power and privilege. Concepts like colonialism, patriarchy, white supremacy, fragility and intersectionality don’t scare you.
- You have made the effort to do inner work related to personal healing, developing a knowledge of the unconscious tendencies underlying human psychology. You are not afraid of words like “trauma”, “triggers” and “harm”, but are discerning enough not to overuse them.
- You are able to discuss your strengths, limitations and triggers with team members in order to prevent and resolve inter-personal conflict. You also have a willingness to share select parts of your personal journey to support the learning of workshop participants.
- You are both a team player and a self-starter who wants to make a difference in the world by teaching people about what it means to build inclusive, equitable work environments.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to manage relationships with colleagues and clients.
- You are efficient and organized in your approach to work. You adapt quickly to challenges and work to create solutions keeping people, the process and outcomes in focus. You thrive on social impact and care deeply about creating a more equitable world.
- You are excited about being mentored in the award-winning training methodology, Deep Diversity®, to extend your workshop design and facilitation skills.
Other Helpful Skills
- Fluency in French, both written and spoken
- Qualitative and quantitative research and writing skills
- Ability to write reports, RFPs, grant proposals, etc.
- Social media experience
Starting Salary: $70-90k (CDN) full-time position, with annual salary increases.
Location/ Time Zone: At this time, we are seeking candidates based in Canada only, ideally in the eastern standard time zone. (Stay tuned for future hires based in the US!)
About Anima Leadership
Anima Leadership is an award-winning company offering JEDI consulting and training services for the workplace, to support transformative change at the organizational, team and individual levels. Our belief is that when people are in environments where they matter and belong, the extraordinary becomes possible.
We are a highly respected boutique firm that works with a wide range of clients across North America from the public, non-for-profit and corporate sectors. We strive to create positive, inclusive and dynamic work environment committed to on-going personal and organizational growth, as well as systemic change.
Anima Leadership is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage equity-seeking candidates to apply, especially those who identify as racial minorities, Indigenous, people with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ or women. Of course, we recognize and honour the intersectionality of equity-based identities.
Please apply online through our website: AnimaLeadership.com. To ensure consistency and fairness in the process, we use an inclusive application process and will only review candidates that have submitted through our on-line application portal. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Timeline and Key Dates
- Closing date – Monday June 14th 2021, 5pm EST
- Interviews: June 17h and 18th, 2021
- Start date: August 3rd, 2021