These management courses are one-day skill intensives based on Anima Leadership’s trademark process and are part of the Authentic Leadership Series. Registration information is below. If you are unable to pay online, please contact us and alternate arrangements can be made.
Authentic Management I: Foundational Leadership Skills for New Managers
Often we get promoted to management positions without a lot of training or support for different aspects of the role. This one-day session is for new managers as well as for those with experience who wish to brush up on
certain parts of the job. Drawing from the realms of neuroscience, psychology and organizational development, we will be exploring the heart of what it means to work effectively with others in leadership role:
- who you are in the management role: what strengths and blindspots do you have?
- what does authentic and clear communication look like in practice?
- how do you build a cohesive team across differences?
- how do you effectively address conflict in a way that strengthens relationships?
- how can you build support for yourself when you have responsibility for others?
This session is a synthesis of the Anima Leadership Development process, offered in different contexts both nationally and internationally. Invest in brushing up on your management skills and treat yourself to this one-day intensive!
Difficult people within organizations can result in co-workers shutting down, endless cycles of conflict, lost productivity as well as significant emotional drain for all involved. Managers within organizations are responsible for setting the tone for dealing effectively with conflict. If harnessed properly, there is a power in conflict situations to transform and deepen relationships, increasing feelings of team, trust and inclusion. Although conflict-free workplaces are unrealistic, this one-day training will help organizational leaders establish a solid base of understanding for creating conflict-effective teams and environments.
- explore the importance of emotional intelligence in de-escalating and transforming inter-personal conflict in workplaces;
- develop knowledge and skills in creating inclusive environments where feedback and communication are the integrated components of teams and projects;
- understand and practice the skills needed to deal with difficult people;
- uncover the strengths and weaknesses on their approach to dealing with conflict.
This session is a synthesis of the Anima Leadership Development Process, and builds upon the learnings established in Authentic Management I: Foundational Leadership Skills for New Managers. Both professional development opportunities are important steps towards becoming a Manager of Choice within organizations.
Anima Cancellation Policy:
- 30 days or more prior to course: we offer a refund, minus a $50 administration fee.
- Less than 30 days prior to course: we offer 50% credit towards next scheduled training.
- Day of, or day prior to, course: no refund or credit available.If you are unexpectedly unable to make the course, contact us about potentially sending a colleague in your place.