Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Facilitator
Hiring for Anima Leadership’s Emerging Leaders Program
As part of our Emerging Leaders Program at Anima Leadership, we are looking to hire an experienced diversity and equity professional who desires to take their skills and knowledge to the next level…to become a facilitation wizard!
This is an extremely unique opportunity for someone who wants to gain experience working at a boutique firm that specializes in diversity, equity and inclusion. We are primarily seeking an equity educator to offer trainings based on our unique Deep Diversity® methodology. Having said that, we are a small team and this full-time position requires you to be extremely flexible and do whatever it takes to get things done, from research and client management through to completing mundane office tasks. If this sounds of interest, read on!
- You already have 5-10 years experience under your belt offering adult-based education workshops/ trainings including on topics such as diversity, inclusion, anti-oppression and conflict resolution. You seek mentorship to transition into a mid-career professional with advanced facilitation skills and training knowledge.
- You are both a team player and a self-starter who wants to make a difference in the world by teaching people about what it means to build inclusive, equitable work environments.
- Your formal or informal education background already provides a macro view of the world that exposes the dynamics of systemic discrimination, social power and privilege. Words like colonialism, patriarchy, White Supremacy and intersectionality don’t frighten you.
- You are committed to developing your inner self and have some comfort discussing your strengths, limitations and triggers with team members in order to prevent, and resolve, inter-personal conflict. You also have a willingness to share select parts of your journey to support the learning of workshop participants.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to manage relationships with colleagues and clients.
- You are (or will be) based in Toronto and have a full, unrestricted G driver’s license as well as access to a vehicle. You are comfortable travelling around Southern Ontario to meet clients for work.
Other Helpful Skills
- Fluency in French, both written and spoken
- Qualitative and quantitative research and writing skills
- Social media talent
- Ability to write RFPs, grant proposals, etc.
Starting Salary: $45 to $55k, depending on experience
About Anima Leadership
Anima Leadership is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage equity-seeking candidates to apply, especially those who identify as racial minorities, Indigenous, people with disabilities, LGBTQ2S or women. Of course, we recognize and honour the intersectionality of equity-based identities.
Anima Leadership’s Emerging Leaders Program is a program that supports diversity professionals in a variety of ways including mentorship, coaching and training opportunities.
Please apply online through our website: AnimaLeadership.com. To ensure consistency and fairness in the process, we will only review candidates that have submitted through our on-line application process. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.